Sun, Oct 08|
Nanyea Restaurant and Coffee House
October NoshUp: Nanyea
For October, we are heading back to Nanyea!
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2023, 2:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Nanyea Restaurant and Coffee House, 6129 N Dixie Dr, Dayton, OH 45414, USA
About the event
Join us on Sunday, October 8 at Nanyea Restaurant and Coffee House as we explore Ethiopian cuisine and culture as well as highlight the personal story of owner Sofi Kinde, her journey to Dayton and the history of Nanyea.
There will be 3 seatings:
- Seating 1: 2:00 - 3:30 PM
- Seating 2: 4:00 - 5:30 PM
- Seating 3: 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Here are a few things know about Ethiopian meal customs:
- Traditional Ethiopian food is eaten with the hands; this is done by tearing off a piece of Injera (Ethiopian flatbread), using it to grab some food, and putting it directly in your mouth.
- Traditional meals are eaten from a communal plate, but you should not reach all the way across to the other side to grab food; eat what is close to you.
- It is polite to eat with your right hand - the left is considered unclean and therefore you should avoid using it if you can.
- There will always be a way to wash your hands before and after the meal.
Note: NoshUp seating is family-style. If you are meeting friends, we will make every effort to seat you together. Please let us know at arrival.
First Seating: 2:00-3:30 PM$25.00+$0.63 service fee
Second Seating: 4:00-5:30 PM$25.00+$0.63 service fee
Third Seating: 6:00-7:30PM$25.00+$0.63 service fee